Re: Affordable Housing, Lack of Scale, Not Building Costs
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 16:47:24 -0700 (PDT)
As one who has been a cohousing buyer/resident, and a cohousing developer
(taking the risks, much more so than the group), and now who works with
communities to help them find local development partners, I must add that,
IMHO,  having MORE potential development partners interested in cohousing would
be a very good thing in making it easier for people to create and buy into
cohousing neighborhoods.  People want to live in these community-oriented
neighborhoods, but few would choose to be their own developers if they truly
understood the risks involved. If we want more people to be able to choose this
housing option, we should be cultivating more developers, not chasing them
away.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President