Re: Statements of Diversity
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 11:16:04 -0700 (PDT)
Very nice Sharon!

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions
T.530.478.1970  C.916.798.4755

www.cohousing-solutions.com

On 9/20/16, 10:55 AM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Sharon Villines"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of sharon [at] sharonvillines.com> wrote:

Success on changing the diversity statement on our website. With the help of
people here I was able to draft a statement on diversity that the website pod
adopted with some changes:

> Typical of most cohousing communities, we represent many interests and
> occupations. We are an eclectic mix of psychotherapists, policy wonks,
> teachers, environmentalists, consultants, busy retirees, and rambunctious
> kids – plus several dogs, many indoor cats, lots of bicycles, and umpteen
> soccer balls.
>
> Our numbers fluctuate, but the community usually includes 65 to 70 adults and
> 15 to 20 children. We have households of single parents, people with
> partners, never-marrieds, and nuclear families. Residents range from infants
> to octogenarians.
>
> We welcome diversity at Takoma Village. We have members from many ethnic,
> religious, and cultural traditions; residents of differing sexual
> orientations; and neighbors with varying levels of ability. We're a mix of
> omnivores, vegetarians, and vegans who nevertheless enjoy sharing meals
> together. Some of us watch television while others don't. Some are early
> risers and some sleep late. We embrace our differences, whatever they may be.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC