Re: Purchasing land from a school district
From: Chuck Harrison (cfharrgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 10:56:27 -0700 (PDT)
Weakly related, you might look up the organizers of Youngstown center in
West Seattle.
http://youngstownarts.org/about-us/

They converted an old school building into artist residence/work space.

Chuck

On Apr 21, 2017 4:09 AM, <leenaree [at] xmission.com> wrote:

  Hello!

  I don't know if other school districts do it  a similar way, but the
Everett School District in Washington owns parcels designated either for
future construction of schools, possible exchange with the city for park
use, or joint use with organizations that support an educational mission.

  Our start-up cohousing group has as part of its mission statement to
offer instruction and hands-on opportunities in growing and preserving
food, as well as dyeing, cheesemaking and other  "forgotten" crafts.

  Have any of you successfully negotiated purchasing a parcel from a school
district?  What advice can you offer in terms of how to explain cohousing,
and the benefits of having cohousing as a neighbor to a school?

  Thanks!

  Eileen McCabe

  Tammany Commons