Bus Tour:Extra SF Bay Area bonus for National Open House Day this Saturday
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 08:14:10 -0700 (PDT)
Fellow Cohousing-L Community Connectors:

In case you missed it on your Cohousing Now e-zine, I wanted to formally
invite you to join me and other residents of East Bay Cohousing residents
on a bus tour this Saturday visiting several area communities near San
Francisco.

Instead of worrying about driving and navigating and parking as you make
your way around to the half-dozen cohousing neighborhoods in the area that
are open for limited hours, leave the driving to us! Or rather, to our
professional mini-bus driver as we run an all-day onboard workshop for
community seekers like you.

We'll start bright and early at my home community in Berkeley (before the
official open hours, to beat the rush), and then visit several other area
communities, including an all-rental cohousing neighborhood and the area's
first Senior Cohousing, neither of which is open for drop-in visitors
during the Open House Day.

Along the way we'll get to the cohousing forum at Pleasant Hill Cohousing,
have a community-made meal, and end up relaxing on the Bay at the world's
only cohousing community with it's own Ocean-going dock.

We'll have info on other forming groups in the area, you'll get a free copy
of Communities magazine, and most importantly, you'll have the opportunity
to meet and compare notes with other community seekers.

We'll send you home with tools that you can use to see how you fit into the
cohousing neighborhoods you visit, and invitations to upcoming events to
learn more about co-creating and finding the one that's right for you.

We have discount rates for groups, couples, triads, students, cohousing
residents, and our Supporting Members. But don't delay, fewer than a dozen
seats remain.

http://www.CalCoho.org/bus_tour

if you have any trouble with registering through that Cohousing California
website, give a holler at 510-842-6224 and we'll get you set up.

Raines Cohen, Cohousing Coach
East Bay Cohousing / Cohousing California

P.S. There used to be regular bus tours in this area and elsewhere, but
it's been years. I'm following in the footsteps of my Swan's Market
Cohousing (Oakland, CA) neighbor and longtime Cohousing-L contributor, Neil
Planchon, and Takoma Village Cohousing's Ann Zabaldo who organized the
Mid-Atlantic Cohousing tours. We are reviving this tradition in loving
memory of Joani Blank, Geoph Kozeny, Fred Lanphear, and Ken Norwood, who
led the way in organizing tours of many types.