Re: How did you start your cohousing group & find members?
From: Dick Margulis (dickdmargulis.com)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 05:41:15 -0700 (PDT)
On 5/15/2017 12:02 AM, Gary Leib/US/RI/02809 via Cohousing-L wrote:

-- So, how did other start-ups find members?

Our single largest source of participants, from the beginning, has been our one-line listing in the cohousing.org directory. Someone no longer part of the group initiated that listing in 2006.

We have done extensive in-person marketing, mostly in the form of a booth at farmers' markets, green fairs, and the like. We've managed to get pretty extensive press coverage in Connecticut. All of those efforts have helped to raise awareness, and a significant fraction of people who attend information sessions mention one of those as how they learned about us. But the cohousing.org listing still tops the list.