Re: a slush fund for temporary financial relief
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 08:36:41 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 20, 2017, at 11:24 AM, Elizabeth Magill <pastorlizm [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> In this way I really am "giving to the good of the community" rather
> than deciding which of my neighbors is worthy of my non-random act of
> kindness.

But someone is deciding. The trigger is not paying their monthly fees.

I think this discussion is related to the “diversity” discussion a few weeks
ago. At bottom it is a desire for cohousing to actively address inequality. But
rather than discussing it directly, we talk about diversity and InNeed funds.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC