Re: a slush fund for temporary financial relief
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 06:39:17 -0700 (PDT)
Another observation — what does it mean that this thread is called “slush
fund”. All the dictionaries say the same thing but this definition is from
Wikipedia:

> A slush fund, also known as a black fund, is any fund or account maintained
> for corrupt or illegal purposes, especially in the political sphere. Such
> funds may be kept hidden and maintained separately from other funds that are
> used for legitimate purposes.

I think the perception of such a fund as being used preferentially is hard to
avoid. How many people believe that college scholarships or foundation grants
are made fairly without prejudice or undue influence by the wealthy?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC