Re: joint ownership agreement for a small cohousing group
From: Mariana Almeida (missmgrrlyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 08:34:23 -0800 (PST)
Sounds like tenancy in common would work? You'd create it and then sell shares
to them. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tenancy_in_common.asp

Mariana

    On Sunday, December 10, 2017, 4:53:22 AM PST, Mike Librik <mlibrik [at]
grandecom.net> wrote:

 Hello all, I hope this is a simple question answered by sharing some links.

Two friends and I would like to create a small LLC to jointly own some
property.  We expect we'd live together on it in separate spaces with a
shared common house.  Our situation seems simple compared to most
cohousing projects... there are only three of us, and I already own the
land and house we intend to develop.  I'd sell shares in the property to
them prior to development.  We haven't agreed on exactly what the
build-out would look like, but have discussed a few ideas.

Can anyone direct us to samples of legal agreements made by such small
partnerships?  No point in reinventing the wheel.

Our main concern is addressing what happens if someone should want to
move out and needs to sell their share in the community.

Thank you for any wisdom you can share.

--
Mike Librik
:^|