Re: Seeking Examples of Cohousing Implementation Plans
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 10:07:39 -0800 (PST)
On Mar 10, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Chris Terbrueggen <christopher402 [at] gmail.com>
wrote:

> BAccipiter Properties are our partners in the redevelopment of 2048/2100
> Winnebago Street. The developer retains ownership of Cohomadison until all
> units are sold. The CohoMadison development team consists of project
> manager, architect and an attorney. CohoMadison will be structured as a
> condominium.  Each unit will be individually owned, with the common areas
> jointly owned and collectively managed by the owners’ association. We have
> 11 affordable units.

This is the typical structure. Do you have a homeowners or future homeowners
members group? That group should begin taking the lead on the social and
governance design as well as the design of the facilities.

In addition to the books posted, there is a ton of information on the
cohousing.org website.

I think the confusion is that you seem to have no experience with cohousing or
how groups form themselves. It’s hard to place your questions in context. What
is your role?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines