Re: Definition of Bullying
From: Alan O (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 06:22:39 -0700 (PDT)
Joe - I agree with you about misapplying non-violent / non-adversarial
communication techniques in bullying situations. The victim/retaliator is the
participant asked to stand-down or avoid the bully while there is little/no
correction for perpetrator. In non-criminal environments like cohousing, there
are no consequences.

My background is in positive youth development (asset building) and domestic
violence prevention (risk factor elimination). I've melded the two approaches
for conflict resolution in environments where there are no consequences and
field tested it in a couple workshops, but I need to find a grant!!!

Bullies / violence perpetrators are adept victim-blamers and skillful at
turning conflicts around by victimizing themselves.

Thx

Alan O.

Alan O'Hashi
Have Camera - Will Travel