Re: presenting to civic and community groups
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 07:22:59 -0700 (PDT)
 Michelle Keiserman <msmakman1 [at] gmail.com> wrote about:

Subject: [C-L]_ presenting to civic and community groups

I would appreciate hearing from various forming and established communities
which civic and community groups you have presented to about your  community.
We want to expand the range of groups we talk to about
cohousing, as it is a new concept in Las Vegas.  I think we've already
approached with the "usual suspects", like League of Women Voters, UU, a
seniors group, but what other groups have you appeared before to generate
interest and, perhaps in the long term, members?
Thanks in advance for your ideas!
Michelle Keiserman
Southern Nevada Cohousing

My suggestion is to try to get a presentation before the local Board of
Realtors, who should be interested in your group as a new customer, not a
competitor.

Same goes for the Chamber of Commerce.

Hopefully, out of those presentations, you will generate local new media
coverage.

In all reality you are founding a startup business venture and definitely need
the business community support as well as actively participating members.
Realtors know a great deal about others who have property they want to sell and
would love to have your business as a buyer.

Tom Lofft

Liberty Village, MD