Re: CPA
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 10:00:40 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 7, 2018, at 11:04 AM, Janet Murphy <janetmusicrn [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We decided to outsource our bill paying, fee collection, taxes, and
> bookkeeping to a CPA. We used the same person who helped us during the
> build.  We pay about $2300/year for these services. Our CPA is in a small
> town outside of Madison, which may keep costs down.

There are also very experienced book keepers who are not CPA’s butt who work
with CPA’s who sign off on reports when necessary and provide CPA-level advice.
Consultants and independent professionals (therapists, etc.) have found them to
be lifesavers in giving advice, billing, and diligence.

I have a friend who goes from one law office to another doing their accounting
so they don’t have to send records outside the office. Itinerant
para-accountant.

And these are the people who do the work in a CPA’s office anyway. Like
para-legals, they can’t go to court for you but they know as much as you need
them to know and you can double check with a CPA when necessary.

Call some small condos, law offices, small clinics, dentist’s offices, etc and
ask who they use.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org

  • CPA Janet Murphy, September 7 2018
    • Re: CPA Sharon Villines, September 10 2018
    • Re: CPA Katie Henry, September 14 2018
      • Re: CPA Sharon Villines, September 14 2018
        • Re: CPA Philip Dowds, September 15 2018
    • Re: CPA Katie Henry, September 14 2018