Re: Trampolines
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 00:25:46 -0700 (PDT)
> On Apr 17, 2019, at 12:50 AM, G/P Looney-Burman <burloon [at]
> fresnocohousing.org> wrote:
>
> Do any communities have any experience, policies or issues with trampolines
> in a resident's "exclusive use area" i.e. private backyards?

Check local laws — a condo owner's limited common elements are not owned by
them so it is doubtful that they would be considered their “private" backyards.
The association may still be responsible for what goes on there. I’m not a
lawyer, obviously, but we’ve had several conversations with the city and our
lawyers on related issues. Cohousing feels like a private community but the
legal structure doesn’t recognize it as such.

There is also the issue of an attractive nuisance — unless it is a small
trampoline that can be put away when not in use, it  would probably have to be
fenced in.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines