Re: dogs and common facilities
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 12:49:29 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing, long-built in Port Townsend WA.

Nine of our 23 households have pet dogs. Our common house only allows service
dogs, so there's an occasional visitor with same. Outdoor common areas need
leash or voice control.
But our dog owners have community support via our "dog park": a sizeable piece
of grassy commons with a fence and some benches. Owners and their dogs use the
space to let dogs romp off leash. Owners took responsibility for cleaning up
and mowing the area. They often join other owners-and-dogs for good social time
there. The dog park is used daily.

We started this on a trial basis and found it very popular. Now it's ongoing
(unless some day we decide to use the area for something else).

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
www.rosewind.org