Re: SF Bay Area Affordable housing grants
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 17:33:48 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 11, 2020, at 5:44 PM, Ann Lehman <ann [at] zimmerman-lehman.com> wrote:

> Perhaps a cohousing group could apply for these?
>
> http://philanthropynewsdigest.org/news/partnership-for-the-bay-s-future-announces-affordable-housing-grants

These loans are huge and only go to major organizations like these:

> recipients include Alameda County and Resources for Community Development;
> the City of Berkeley and the East Bay Community Law Center; the City of East
> Palo Alto and the East Palo Alto Community Alliance and Neighborhood
> Development Organization (EPA CAN DO); the City of Oakland and the Bay Area
> For All (BA4A) Preservation Table; the City of Palo Alto and SV@Home; the
> City of Redwood City and the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County; and the
> City of San Jose and SOMOS Mayfair.

They are talking in terms of 8,000 housing units and “$50 million” grants.

One possibility might be for a community to join the effort of a larger program
to fund some cohousing units.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"We're only the light bulbs, and our job is just to remain screwed in.” Bishop
Desmond Tutu