Re: Helping members with Covid-19 related hardship
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 08:23:53 -0700 (PDT)
Bonnie — thank you so much!   Inspiring that Swan’s Market like other coho
communities is doing so much to address the social issues that confront all of
us.  Can you send more details about the actual “loan process?”  What is the
application process?  Is it paper or digital?  Who keeps that info?  What
information is asked of people applying for loans?  Have people been denied?
Do you have rules about who can apply?

Please all — keep these examples coming.  I’m trying to organize a similar fund
here at Takoma Village in Washington DC.  I can use all the examples I can
find.  It’s good to have choices showing how communities organize these loans
or grants.

All — If these are loans what is your experience w/ repayment?

Again, many thanks to communities for sharing info about your programs to help
neighbors.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they
know and then stop.
Mark Twain