Re: Renting out the common house
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 10:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
At my place, when the common house was open before COVID, we mostly charge
outsiders to use the common house. We have rental agreements for outside
groups, like church groups, other HOA meetings, etc. Community members can use
the common house for no extra cost for pretty much anything. Seems like if they
are earning money from an event, they have to rent it like an outsider would.
We also have long-term rentals for three office spaces, and a coworking space
for artists. Because of COVID, we don't operate a guest room, but when we did,
it was open to residents who have guests and they or their guest paid a nightly
rental fee; we also had others not related to the community, but maybe have an
interest in cohousing they would pay a higher amount.

Thx

Alan O.

Alan O'Hashi
Get Up Off the Couch