non resident members
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 04:11:08 -0800 (PST)
Mac et al. - My place went through this recently. We decided to create a
category called "Associate Member." The initial intention was for people who
didn't live on campus or was a romantic partner with an owner who occasionally
overnighted. All over residents pay a monthly "Full Member" fee of $XX. The
Associate Member fee is $X, half that amount.

What happened was, the Associate Members who were significant others were
living in the community and were paying half the amount, which caused angst
among the full members.

We ended up severing the Associate Membership from anything having to do with
residency. It's now more like a club membership. If someone doesn't live on
campus but wants to participate in the community like help garden or attend
community meals, they are Associate Members.

Thx
Alan O.