Online course for community seekers, "Finding Your Community Home, " and Sociocracy Course, 2
From: Diana Leafe Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 20:49:59 -0800 (PST)
Oops- Oops - once again I found a bad spelling error, which I just corrected.
Please use THIS version.

The version I just sent said " . . .  partial scholarships are available for
Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) who might otherwise not be able
to afford to participated."

This corrected version says " . . . not be able to afford to participate."

I think your catching-software will catch this because it has links, like last
time.

Fred, may I ask you something? I've assumed I can't embed links into the text
in posts to Coho-L, as I don't see them in other people's posts. But since the
links I have are so very long, I do the tinyurl thing, even though those are
still long, but not as long as the original.

Is there a better way you'd like people to do this?

Thank you!

Diana

If you have friends or colleagues seeking a cohousing community or any kind of
intentional community to join, would you let them know about my online course?
"Finding Your Community Home" is a seven-week course on Thursday evenings,
February 11 through March 25.
      The course is a practical guide to help people not only avoid common
pitfalls of the community-search process, but enjoy the search as they assess
each potential community in terms of their own social, spiritual, financial,
and legal well-being. The course will help participants: (1) Research
communities thoroughly (including what to learn first!). (2) Plan enjoyable,
illuminating visits. (3) Be a "Great Guest" in communities they visit. (4)
Intelligently evaluate the places they saw. (5) Join their chosen community
gracefully.
      Includes watch-ahead videos and graphic-rich handouts, an optional weekly
"Buddy Program" to explore what participants just learned with another course
participant in a Zoom call, and weekly live sessions for Q&A and for people to
share information about the community-seeking journey.  Cost: $225. To
register: https://tinyurl.com/FindingCommHomeFeb2021
     Sponsored by the nonprofit SOIL educational organization at Earthaven
Ecovillage, partial scholarships are available for Black, indigenous and people
of color (BIPOC) who might otherwise not be able to afford to participate.
    As I noted in a previous post, I'm doing a 10-week online course on
sociocracy, an effective governance and decision-making method I especially
recommend for communities. The Sociocracy Course is Monday evenings, Feb.
8-April 12. I've also found that when all or most people from a forming or
existing community take this course they are able to use each part of
sociocracy successfully in their group as soon as they learn it. The course
also helps people start a Sociocracy Study Group so they can interest other
community members in sociocracy. Here's what some course participants have
said: https://tinyurl.com/SocCoursewebpage
      The cost is $245-$445 sliding scale. Early Bird Discount at $225 until
January 11. To register: https://tinyurl.com/SociocracyFeb2021
     For more information, email me at diana [at] ic.org and I'll send you two
handouts, "Four Benefits: Why People Like Using Sociocracy," and "Sociocracy:
'Effective, Efficient, and Fun'."
     Diana Leafe Christian