Re: Work participation success stories
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 08:11:33 -0800 (PST)
Hi Fred— Happy New Year!  (Happy NewThanks for cleaning up our posts that we
edit so poorly.  Maybe we could all have a NY resolution (gasp!) to edit our
reposts/replies to emails.  But please leave enough of the posts so the thread
makes sense!  :-)  And … while we’re on resolutions — how about remembering to
include our community and/or location?  Just a suggestion ...

See my inquiry to Tom below.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

One minute you’re young and fun.  And the next, you’re turning down the stereo
in your car to see better.  www.bizwaremagic.com

NOTE: I am switching back to: zabaldo [at] earthlink.net.  Many apologies!

> On Jan 3, 2021, at 10:07 AM, Fred-List manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
> wrote:
>
> Please delete excessive quotes.  This message was held for my review
> because the quotes had resulted in it being bigger that the 12k byte
> maximum for cohousing-L posts.

> At Touchstone we do track work using an hours/quota system. It's a 4 month
> cycle. Committees submit job descriptions and request hours from the Work
> Committee, which enters them all into Gather. People choose jobs on job
> choosing day based on preference. We manage our own maintenance and snow
> clearing (but hire contractors for big jobs and a plow company for big
> snows). Some jobs are pre-assigned if they need continuity or special
> skills. Meals prep & cleanup jobs count as jobs just like the others (and
> make up the largest amount of work hours in the system in non-pandemic
> times).

Tom — thank you for this info.  Quite intrigued by what you have shared. You
have an hours/quota system.  Can you explain that in more detail for those of
us who may have one but not the other or neither?  How many hours per month or
per cycle do you request from members?  Is this a “requirement” or a “suggested
amount?”  If required … how is this enforced?  What is your quota system?  Is
your work share system required via your by-laws or by your policies?

Ok.  Quite a few questions here.  Hopefully, Tom, you will see how interested I
(and maybe others are interested in your system..