Re: Question about accepted norms in the common space
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 19:00:27 -0800 (PST)
We have a list of food people can't eat, and a vegetarian or vegan dish is
made for each meal.
Ingredients are usually posted.
Most residents don't list their preferences, just whether they are gluten
or dairy-free, vegetarian or vegan, and any bottom-line exclusions.
I have a number of foods I choose not to eat - I don't list them, I
personally take responsibility for whether I eat them or not.
That works for us. Trying to navigate whether people don't like turnips or
the texture of potatoes is too crazy-making for our good-hearted.
often-long-suffering and non-chef-trained cooks.