Re: Is consensus holding back the cohousing movement?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 09:28:14 -0800 (PST)
Offhand, I think we’ve had six folks move out of Mosaic Commons? Somewhere
around that anyway.

None have moved into cohousing. But I don’t  think we can draw any
conclusions at all  from that.  Open spots in cohousing communities are few
and far between. It’s not like you can just say one day, I think I’ll buy a
home in a cohousing community.

I think one of our members did indeed consciously choose not to live in
another cohousing neighborhood. One moved for work. Was there a cohousing
home for sale nearby? I doubt it. One moved because of divorce, but stayed
nearby for kid reasons. Pretty sure there’s no homes for sale near us. In
fact, there’s only one other community near us and units come up for sale
at New View very seldom. Would he have chosen cohousing if available? Who
knows.