Re: Permanently Affordable Cohousing
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 07:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
Zev — so good to see you posting on the Coho-L again.  Have missed your voice.

Nomad is one of the great examples of how cohousing units can be made
permanently affordable using a Municipality’s own affordable programs.

Can you expand on how a person who qualifies is identified to live in Nomad?
You say the city provides the mortgage financing but the city must have some
say in who is chosen?  Is it by lottery most affordable programs use?   If so,
what successes and challenges have you had integrating new folks into the
community?  If not by lottery … what system is used?  And ditto successes and
challenges in integration?

Again — good to hear from you!

Best —

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Ex. Dir. & Mbr. Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

When Isaac Newton stayed home to avoid the 1665 plague, he discovered the Laws
of Gravity, Optics, and he invented Calculus

NOTE:  I’m switching back to using zabaldo [at] earthlink.net.  Many apologies!