Re: associate members
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 06:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
I think Diana got to all the details of how residents might choose not
to be members, but in our case they have not made that choice. Some
renters choose not to be members.

We definitely do not remove members or affiliates because of not doing
work. We don't even have a clear work requirement, nor an insistence
on engaging in the decision making. Most people do work, nearly
everyone does some work, many members engage in decision making. Few
affiliates do work, but several do *a great deal of work*. (Some are
affiliates specifically to engage in our community garden.)

That said, we share our affiliate system because it is a good one and
working well.
We don't say "hey you should do work and decision making like we do at
Mosaic". It's a work in progress but nothing to say "let's help others
follow our lead" LOL.

Liz