Re: [affordablecohousing] City vs Rural & Infrastructure
From: Ty Albright (tmalbrightverizon.net)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
RE:  We need a group to focus on building a low cost community so we can all
share in supporting them and learning from their success and failures

I’m now doing this in Sulphur Oklahoma - have a 3Br / 3Bth 2,100SF home now for
sale $269K - 2 story - two units - 1Br / 1Bth apartment on 2nd floor.  Buy the
house with current low interest rates - rent out apartment to offset your
mortgage cost - gets you close to $400/mth net cost for housing (2br/2bth 1,400
sf 1st floor) .... walking distance to down town and entrance to national park.
 Low cost of living location.

Locals think this is expensive - well built modern house with no shortcuts -
$120/SF is as low cost as I can figure out for quality construction .....
lumber costs have jumped recently so costs are going no where but up.

Ty Albright
214-336-7952
Sent from my iPhone