A conference about egalitarian governance with sociocracy
From: Ted J Rau (tedsociocracyforall.org)
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 04:33:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hey coho friends,

Do you want to hear from other communities and other organizations on their
governance?
Sociocracy For All is hosting a conference with 100 speakers who will share
their governance practices and experiences. All of them using some form of
sociocracy (consent-based governance).
As we all know, our community and organizational culture matter a lot, and
governance is a part of that.

There are several communities presenting (one talking about how to start
out a community with sociocracy, one telling their story on how they
transitioned from consensus to consent) - but also other exciting things.
For example, did you know there are attempts to have political parties that
are consent-run? Some people in education are adapting sociocracy so it can
be used by young children, or they connect their interest in consent with
permaculture, Nonviolent Communication, and Social Justice.

See the conference program
<https://www.sociocracyforall.org/sociocracy-conference-2021/>

Ted

--