Podcast about Cohousing for refugees in Vienna
From: Yochai Gal (yochaigalgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:13:34 -0700 (PDT)
Thought this might be of interest to folks here:

https://cooperativejournal.com/episode/15-vinzirast-mittendrin-student-homeless-and-refugee-co-housing-923

"VinziRast-Mittendrin is a co-housing building located in Vienna, Austria
where students, formerly homeless, and refugees live amongst each other. It
houses bicycle, woodworking and sewing workshops, a restaurant, and event
spaces. It’s a collaboration between students involved with the Vienna
Audimax occupation, VinziRast which is a volunteer-run organization that
offers housing to formerly homeless and refugees, as well as architecture
firm Gaupenraub+/- . In this episode I speak with architect Alexander
Hagner who was responsible for the adoption of the building. We speak about
the event led to the co-habitation of formerly homeless and students, how
they received funding for the building, the intentionality and
functionality needed when designing for formerly homeless, changing the
stigma around homeless individuals, how they mitigate conflicts, what
resources/skills are offered to empower the formerly homeless, and why the
residents make ideal housing mates."