What is cohousing success? [was question about cohousing communities that have not made it
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 08:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jul 26, 2021, at 7:29 PM, Elizabeth Magill <pastorlizm [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I'm assuming a "fail" would be to find that we were just an HOA, not
> actually a community.

Having lived in a number of condos and having friends who lived in condos, I
find that cohousers under estimate HOAs for developing relationships between
residents. Obviously it isn’t cohousing and isn’t a conscious attempt to create
shared cultural expectations but strong relationships develop under all kinds
of HOAs.

Not sure what I would think of as a fail. Refusing to use the name “cohousing”?

I think people have posted lists in the past but it has been a long time. Maybe
it would be a good exercise now.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines, Editor & Publisher
Affordable Housing means 30% of household income
Cohousing means self-developed, self-governed, self-managed
http://affordablecohousing.com