Re: Electric Car usage in communities
From: lienjud (lienjudaol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 17:20:26 -0700 (PDT)
it is wonderful to hear about communities investing in electric vehicles and
infrastructure. I live in Portland, Oregon at Cascadia Commons. we have 2 level
2 charging stations currently and are looking to get 1 or 2 more for the other
parking lot. I became aware of what Kailash Ecovillage had done and we went
there on a field trip. they have a  car sharing program and they have solar
powered EV charging stations that are available to the public as well and
brings them some revenue. they were able to purchase an EV and invest in the
charging stations through a grant with PGE, Portland General Electric.
   -
The PGE Drive Change Fund - Portland General Electric
https://portlandgeneral.com/about/who-we-are/community/drive-change-fundThe PGE
Drive Change Fund Since its inception in 2019, the Drive Change Fund has
awarded millions of dollars to projects, including new electric vehicles and
chargers, to help electrify transportation in Oregon.

I would encourage communities to check with their power companies to see if
they have any programs to help with the infrastructure for EV;s.
Judith Lienhard, Cascadia Commons, Portland Oregon