Power of Difference Certification Starts October 24
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 05:55:41 -0700 (PDT)
Crystal Farmer <crystalbyrdfarmer [at] gmail.com>
is the author of the message below.  It was posted by Fred of
the Cohousing-L management team <cohousing-l-owner [at] cohousing.org>
due to a format issue.

>From another organization I'm part of. I won't be teaching but I highly
recommend Elliott! - Crystal

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The Sum is excited to offer the next evolution of DEI work in our
Charlottesville community on a “pay-what-you-can” basis – seriously. The
online Power of Difference Certification
<https://www.thesum.org/pdc-details/> is a 7-module, 7 week, 50-hour online
certification that has been expanded to apply in any field…originally
developed for educators.

We’ve gotten great feedback – been running for about 4 years online. The
model utilizes principles of internal transformation, of becoming aware of
unconscious patterns, and tailoring learning to people’s needs. In this
way, effectiveness across difference (race, sexual orientation, religion,
class, gender, culture, disability are all addressed) is increased at every
level: within us, between us, in our communities and organizations. More on
the model here: www.thesum.org/pdm-model/

We ask Individuals to pay what they can. We ask organizations that would
like to send two or more to cover the cost of stipends for our
facilitators. This allows us to maintain meaningful support - 1 facilitator
for every 4 participants ($400 for 2 people, $800 for 4, etc.). 3 grad
credits are available through Adams State University in Colorado (where
we’ve used it with their faculty extensively).

Registration is here: www.thesum.org/landing/

We appreciate you sharing it forward! Let me know if you have questions.
Thanks!

All the Best,
Elliott

PS - The only limit to the size of the training is the number of skilled
facilitators we have.  If you or someone you know has these skills and
passion, consider applying here: www.thesum.org/application/

We will split the total donated for volunteer facilitator stipends!

J. Elliott Butler-Cisneros
Executive Director/Founder
434.260.9377
PO Box 2754, Charlottesville, Virginia, 22902
www.thesum.org