Re: helping neighbors share common meals if they can't afford to pay
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 14:42:26 -0700 (PDT)
We do this. People were asked to donate, with a suggestion of adding
$5 per month to their meals account (we pay for teh meals we eat, a
meat dinner is $5).

People donated, some regularly, some a single lump sum.

Now anyone can ask to have their meals covered from the fund. Also if
someone's meal accounts gets past due, someone from the fund checks in
on whether they want the "good neighbor fund" to pay their bill. Then
some folk didn't pay their cohousing dues (which for us are separate
from condo/HOA dues) and someone from the fund asked, and the fund
paid for that. I believe there have been other small expenses that
have been paid for some members.

Basically the "good neighbor fund" team decides how to handle the
monies. And we generally have enough money cover what needs to be
covered.

I'm not on that team so I'm telling you what it looks like from the outside.

-Liz
(The Rev. Dr.) Elizabeth Mae Magill
Pastor, Ashburnham Community Church
www.elizabethmaemagill.com