Re: Last Chance to Register - Cohousing Affordability
From: Barbara Smith (brownsmith82yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 11:57:04 -0700 (PDT)
 I don't know if anyone has contacted you from Hager Homestead, now ready to
break ground in Littleton, MA. The local planning board required us to make 40%
of our units affordable (at various levels, from 60% of HUD's Average Mean
Income for the region to 150% of AMI.) We had  wanted some affordable units but
the 40% exceeded anything in Massachusetts that was built without subsidies
from the state or federal government. So the homeowners footed the bill. It has
been a wrenching process...which is why I'm not sure I recommend it as an
example for your event. The cost of the units is just crushing. Anyway -- we
are providing affordable units, but I'm not sure I could recommend it.Have a
good event tomorrowBarbara

    On Friday, October 22, 2021, 11:23:43 AM EDT, Laurie Lauer <lauriecohous