Summary with clickable links!
From: Cohousing-L summary list (c-l-sumcohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 18:39:05 -0700 (PDT)
Today I've completed software that creates a web version of the
summary that has CLICKABLE LINKS to messages which makes it much
easier to read messages listed in the summary.

The summary with clickable links is not emailed.  Only the first few
lines of the emailed summary will change.  It will have a link to one
of 4 web summary pages that are used in rotation and overwritten with
a new summary every 4 weeks.

To read messages in the four weeks after the summary is prepared there
is a web page with the same format as the email summary that has
clickable links directly to messages. There is a link to the summary
that has clickable links on the 3rd line of the email summary.

Note that the messages open in a second "tab" or window (depending on
how your browser is configured). After clicking on a message number to
go to it, you may have to click on the second tab/window to read the
message. When done reading a message, go back to the summary by
clicking on it's tab/window.  This two tab/window system facilitates
reading multiple messages.

A sample web summary for the  Apr 13 to Apr 21 2011 can be seen at:
http://l.cohousing.org/c-l-sum3.htm

The weekly summary is usually emailed on Wednesday so a real test of
the software changes has not happened yet but hopefully the bugs have
been worked out.  Comments direct to me welcome.

Fred, listserv manager, http://justcomm.org