Re: Design Process: Call for experiences
From: JoycePlath (JoycePlathaol.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 94 20:38 CST
I have a comment about site design. I seems to me that some sites like Nyland
have used the residential street model from the book without sufficient
thought about their particular piece of land.  It when I was there for the
conference I noticed that the houses faced each other without a lot of
consideration  for the views of the mountians.  The two "streets" deadended
at open fields and created a large backyard field that looked like no persons
land.  There are a variety of ways to create pedestrian community friendly
outside spaces that might feel less forced.
                                               Joyce Plath
                                               Marsh Commons
                                               Arcata, California