Re: Southern Marin cohousing
From: RSchul1585 (RSchul1585aol.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 10:25:12 -0500
Hi everyone.

My name is Lisa and I am a writer, working on a book with my grandfather.   As
you can guess, it includes cohousing.

I intended to be a lurker for a long time since I wasn't sure how some of you
might take my presence (given the fact that I am not actually involved in the
stages of cohousing), however, if I can add to the discussion I will.

That being said, I, too, visited the southern Marin cohousing project this
weekend.  It truly is a wonderful site.  And I believe the costs associated
with moving in is estimated to be between 300 and 500K.  Very expensive!  But
this is Marin.  And that is the going rate for any housing in that area.

They also have some of the biggest "heavy hitters" working for them.  I don't
have names with me here, but Charles Durrett (?) is involved, as is other
familiar names.  I have a feeling that this project is going to be huge.

The fact that it is only 3 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge will make it
extremely popular as well.

Lisa Schulman