Re: cohousing architectural plans for sale?
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:19:44 -0800 (PST)
How about a house kit? A number of us are looking at a First Day Cottage, which is energy efficient, designed to be built by amateurs, and uses no plywood or OCB board. Everything is solid wood and they are easy to heat. Each Cottage is also designed for each builder based upon the basic shell. You can find out more information on their website: http://firstdaycottage.com/

Another alternative would be using stock plans and there are a number of places that sell them on the Internet.

You could also use a House design program for your computer, some of which will also have preloaded, or access to, already existing plans.

BTW, if you do contact First Day, please tell them Stuart Joseph of Caer Coburn told you about them.

Chip Planck wrote:
We are building a 7 lot rural hamlet with co-housing features on one corner of
our working vegetable farm.  Would be interested in communities/architects
selling alredy designed plans.  Am aware of Island   Cohousing plans, but no
others.Thanks, Chip Planck, Chalk Farm, 38287 John Wolford Road, Purcellville,
VA 20132 540 882 3996  This e-mail address and also cplanck [at] rstarmail.com