Re: Defining Developer Driven
From: NetiPotLady (NetiPotLadyaol.com)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:32:23 -0800 (PST)
I've been reading this email discussion with interest. I believe that a
developer driven cohousing project is one where the developer has a large stake

in selling out the development and thus is putting pressure on the members to
do  so. This leads members and the project manager (who is working for the
developer, builder and the membership at the same time) to get people to  sign
on
with limited knowledge of cohousing and sometimes little interest in
participation. Having a mechanism in place to encourage interested people to
come to
a meeting and meal and display an interest in participation by saying  what
they would be interested in doing once they moved in, might help with this.
Also having some number of hrs of work expected might also bring some  reality
to the situation.

 Gina Kruse
Stone Curves Cohousing