Re: Consensus, Majority Vote, "Blocks"
From: Moz (listmoz.geek.nz)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:06:28 -0700 (PDT)
> Does the consensus process lend itself to sub-communities?
> ... finds itself consistently split into factions ...

I think that's more about cohousing of itself. Other
consensus-based groups often split as a way of resolving
these conflicts. There have been a few cities with more than
one indymedia site, for instance, and there have been at
least two "polite critical mass" groups. Usually they merge
back after a while, but that's often because the people
involved have lost interest or moved away. Not really a
solution for coho.

But splitting within a cohousing community wouldn't seem
likely to me. The problem is more with the way decisions are
made, and that's not really something you can split over.
Having a democratic faction and a consensus faction meeting
to finalise or confirm a decision would be ... interesting.

Moz