FIC presents April Webinars: Consensus Basics on April 13 and Role of Professionals (April 14)
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 15:46:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone,

Ok this post is to let you know about two of the Foundation for Intentional
Community's (FIC) April webinars.

Consensus Basics for Intentional Community Builders Workshop (April 13)

Join Yana Ludwig for a two-hour virtual workshop to learn the basics of
consensus decision-making. Useful for anyone wanting to have better
decision-making, regardless of your group’s official decision-making processes.

The core of consensus is the belief that everyone has a piece of the truth.
Nice theory, right? But putting that into practice is not a simple thing. This
workshop focuses on the cultural framework and processes that make consensus —
and really any participatory decision-making — a positive experience instead of
gauntlet. Intentional community residents or those wanting to start/join a
community are strongly encouraged to join this session!

Key outcomes of this workshop:
        • Clarity on why a group would choose consensus
        • Understanding how cooperative culture is key to good process
        • A clear sequence for maximizing the ease of consensus process – and
debugging some common challenges
        • How to relate to “blocking energy”

Event link: https://bit.ly/3diCfyN
Donation: $10-$45

-=-=-=-=-=-=

Role of Professionals in Collaborative Development Webinar (April 14)

Join Katie McCamant, cofounder of the North American cohousing movement, and
one of the most experienced and accomplished professionals in the field for
this one-hour webinar. We believe that authentic, collaborative communities
have the power to change the world, but if we want to see that change we need
to build more communities. And if we want to build more communities, we need
more professionals working in the field. There are many different types of
professionals involved in getting communities built; developers, marketers,
attorneys, architects, builders, process facilitators, loan officers, and more.

It can be extremely confusing for both aspiring communities wondering why they
need to hire professionals, and aspiring professionals wondering how to work
effectively with these clients, while earning a living. During this hourlong
webinar, Katie will give an overview of the role of various professionals in
the world of collaborative development, the importance of expanding the
professional world, and how people can begin working in the field.

This webinar will focus on:
        • The importance of community professionals
        • The various types of professionals
        • How to hire professionals or how to get hired
        • Becoming a professional in the world of collaborative development

Event link: https://bit.ly/3cAYwsq
You can attend for Free or make a donation

-=-=-=-

In community,
Neil

Events Team Volunteer. Cohousing Association
Steering Committee. Cohousing Research Network
Co-Developer and Founding Owner. Swan’s Market Cohousing
Co-Director, Ads & Development. Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the
world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.  Margaret Mead