Re: How Cohousing communities decide on new members
From: Bob Leigh (bobleightwomeeps.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 11:56:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jim,

And here is a contrary view out of the history of Cornerstone Cohousing
(where Phil Dowds also lives!).

You mentioned that your group is "confident about our construction loan".
It sounds as if, right now, you are _not_ selling housing but the
opportunity to join a membership group which is acting as a real estate
developer of sorts.  Get a legal opinion on whether or not you're subject
to fair housing laws now, and also when you might become subject to them.

Certainly, when units are being REsold, fair housing laws will apply.

Bob Leigh
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA