Re: Deaf members
From: Hafidha Sofia (hafidhaaogmail.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 10:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
Yes Sharon! The ability to see people’s faces more clearly when they speak
(when they’re on camera) can be very helpful for tracking the words people say.

I am not hard of hearing but have auditory processing issues and sound
sensitivity issues, including misophonia.

I’m able to be a lot more present and practice active listening when I can look
at a person’s video and listen to their voice. And my brain doesn’t have to
“filter” out the people around me who are loudly chewing gum, absentmindedly
clicking their pen over and over, or theater-whispering with each other about
an unrelated topic.

And of course, it means I can get up and fetch a glass of water or eat or
stretch without being a distraction to others!

Hafidha
Songaia Cohousing
Washington State, USA

Sent from my iPhone