Re: Deaf members (fire safety)
From: Hafidha Sofia (hafidhaaogmail.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 15:57:20 -0700 (PDT)
That’s a great idea. And in addition, having some type of “block captains”
system. This is what we did on our emergency preparedness committee.

We have block captains for each building (2-3 households each building) and in
the event of a site emergency, they have agreed to account for residents in
their respective buildings. They are also the contact person if a resident
needs help or is having a medical emergency (911 notwithstanding).

This process was developed in part because of an incident where a resident fell
in the middle of the night and didn’t need to call 911 but called around a
bunch of people trying to reach someone.

Hafidha
Songaia Cohousing
Washington State

Sent from my iPhone