Re: the List +
From: Henning Mortensen (hmortensengmail.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 15:40:06 -0700 (PDT)
We anchored in a little bay in Saugerties when we were doing America's
great loop. We woke to an absolutely still bay with just a hint of fog. As
we pulled anchor and quietly ghosted out of the anchorage, we had to play
chicken with a mother duck and her ducklings who were intent on crossing in
front of our boat. A quick shift into reverse, allowed mother and family to
cross calmly infront of us and was the perfect highlightg to a perfect
morning. I think of that morning every time I hear about Saugerties. For me
it was a perfect moment and Saugerties seems like a perfect place to me.
Though my experience of it is somewhat limited to just this little bay.