Met Council Climate Conversations
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 06:11:57 -0700 (PDT)
Met Council Climate Conversations

The first event on this is TODAY at 4:30 - sorry about the short notice,
I just got it in a newsletter from:

Alliance for Sustainability ( Sean Gosiewski and Terry Gips )
http://www.afs.nonprofitoffice.com/

Starting today through August 26 the Met Council will decide how to
help our cities become more climate-friendly and resilient. We urge
Council members to take a leadership role on climate and integrate it
into the Thrive MSP 2040 plan
 http://www.metrocouncil.org/Planning/Projects/Thrive-2040.aspx
and Metropolitan Council's work going forward. The Metropolitan Council
needs to hear that we support action on climate.

EMAIL YOUR MET COUNCIL REP (Note, these links are available at the bottom
of the "Background" page - Link below)

Find your Metropolitan Council district
http://www.metrocouncil.org/About-Us/TheCouncil/CouncilMembers/Council-Districts.aspx
and then email your member.
http://www.metrocouncil.org/About-Us/TheCouncil/CouncilMembers.aspx

Message: Please support meaningful progress on climate change.
(Please include a little on why this is important to you.)

Ask the Met Council to Lead on Climate Solutions

Met Council Schedule for Discussing Climate - show your support at the Met
Council Chambers 390 Robert St. N  St. Paul, MN 55101
- Wed July 24 -- 4:30pm Expert presentations on Climate change mitigation and
    adaptation
- Wed July 31 -- 4:30pm -- Met Council Policy Discussion
- Wed August 26 4:30pm  Final Confirmation Discussion on Met Council Climate
policies for Thrive MSP 2040
http://www.metrocouncil.org/Planning/Projects/Thrive-2040.aspx

Background - see http://s.coop/1r8zo   which goes to:
http://fresh-energy.org/2013/07/metropolitan-council-address-climate-in-the-twin-cities/