Fw: Join us December 5th: The Ocean As a Harbinger of Change
From: Nancy B. Miller (nancy.millerprodigy.net)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:36:15 -0800 (PST)
Hereâs information about an important event being put on by MNInterfaith Power
& Light, on Thursday, December 5. Your attendance is encouraged.

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 23:30:45 -0500
From: chair [at] mnipl.org
To: mleussler [at] hotmail.com
Subject: Join us December 5th: The Ocean As a Harbinger of Change

Happy Thanksgiving!

All over the world people are responding to the climate crisis. How are you
giving thanks for those who are part of the change? Check out this interesting
project and consider #climatethanks.  Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light is
busy thanking all the incredible faith leaders who have become activated to get
the work done.

We need your help though! We are writing to invite you to an important
community building fundraiser and celebration on December 5th.

It is not often we can speak directly with someone who has viewed first hand
the impact of the climate crisis on a major world system. Minnesota Interfaith
Power & Light board member Chuck Dayton likens his summer journey on a research
sailing vessel inspecting the health of coral reefs 3,000 miles into the
central Pacific ocean as akin to Will Steger's experience of loosing the artic.
 See Chuck's long article in the Star Tribune on this journey.

Join us a week from Thursday, on December 5th as Chuck shares his journey in a
stunning slideshow: "The Ocean as a Harbinger of Change", and help us raise the
funds needed to take on this crisis in our faith communities.  This will also
be an opportunity to hear from our new Executive Director, Julia Nerbonne,
about our new approach to relational organizing in congregations, and the
exciting new programs we are rolling out this spring.  Gather with others
deeply concerned about caring for Creation. There will be appetizers and
libations available prior and dessert and coffee after Chuck's talk.  Join with
us, eyes and hearts open, as we face our grief, embrace our hope and 'kindle
the spark' of this faith movement that demands action now.

Thursday, Dec. 5th

5:30-8:00 PM

MNIPL office and IATP conference rooms

2104 Stevens Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN

RSVP at MNIPL.ORG

If you can't make it, consider dontating to MNIPL's important work here!

Hope to see you there!

Joy Throm

MNIPL Board Chair

To unsubscribe click here.