PolyMet comment gatherings
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:31:55 -0800 (PST)
Here are some PolyMet comment gatherings posted at the Mining Truth
website. If I had known earlier about the gathering tonight, I would have
attended, but I plan to attend another. Though I have a conflict with the
REI gathering, those at the 331 Club and the St. Anthony Park Public
Library fit my schedule, especially the library one (though the 331 Club
gathering sounds like more fun).

As usual, other familiar faces would be great. If someone is attending the
library gathering, which comes the night before the PolyMet public hearing
in St. Paul and would make for a great one-two prep & action package, and
could offer me a ride, that would be most appreciated.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

 *PolyMet Comment Gatherings*

While it’s easy to submit your opinion of PolyMet’s mine plan to the DNR
using the Mining Truth website <http://www.miningtruth.org>, attending an
in-person gathering to learn more is definitely more fun. We’ve created a
number of these gatherings, as well as other organizations working on the
PolyMet mine. We’ve listed many below, and will update this list as more
events are added.

If you are interested in hosting an event like these to help your community
learn more about PolyMet’s proposal and how they can share their opinion
with the DNR, please email Aaron <aaron [at] friends-bwca.org> or
Cori<cori [at] friends-bwca.org>,
and we can help you with resources and an easy to follow plan. We’ll
provide information for every attendee and can help you create an engaging
and informative event.

*Monday, January 13, 2014, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM*
Indeed Brewing Company Taproom (Free)
711 15th Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN
RSVP via
Eventbrite<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/polymet-comment-gathering-at-indeed-tickets-7725165177?aff=efbevent>

Have a beer with Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness staff, members,
and interested members of the public. We have the taproom to ourselves.
This event is free, but please use Eventbrite to RSVP so we can tell them
how many people to expect. Learn more about PolyMet, upcoming public
hearings, and how to tell the DNR what you think.

*Tuesday, January 21, 6:30 – 8:30 PM*
Learn More about PolyMet and Sulfide Mining in Northern Minnesota (Free)
REI Bloomington
750 American Boulevard, Bloomington, MN

Join the Izaak Walton League Minnehaha Chapter, Kathryn Hoffman of
Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy and Jerritt Johnston of
Sustainable Ely to learn more about PolyMet and other sulfide mining
proposals in northeastern Minnesota.

*Thursday, January 23, 6:00 – 9:00 PM*
Save our State: Comment Party! (Free)
Music by Cobey Rouse of batteryboy and Tin Can Gin
331 Club
331 13th Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN

No RSVP necessary, just come by. Join Drinking Liberally Minneapolis and
Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness for a night of music, knowledge
and action. Learn how to participate in the Twin Cities public hearing on
PolyMet and how to send a comment to the DNR about PolyMet’s mine plan.

*Monday, January 27, 6:00 – 7:30 PM*
Comment Gathering hosted by Margot Monson
St. Anthony Park Public Library
2245 Como Avenue, St. Paul, MN

Join host Margot Monson and Aaron Klemz from Friends of the Boundary Waters
for information about PolyMet, discussion, and for information about how to
participate in the St. Paul public hearing about for PolyMet mine plan.