Transition Town presentation-discussion on Feb. 24, sponsored by East Isles Green Team
From: Betsy Allis (erallisaol.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:44:17 -0800 (PST)

Green Team Blurb Jan. 2014...

February 24: Transition Towns—the Future is Now!

What does it mean to “live the good life” when our human footprint is doing so
much damage to the earth?
 How can we act more sustainably while preserving, even enhancing, the
character and beauty of our neighbor- hoods?
One answer that has grabbed the attention of people around the world is
Transition Towns, a global movement that
started in England in 2006, growing to over 1100 initiatives in more than 43
countries in 2013. These communities are
empowered by a fierce resolve to: lower their greenhouse gas footprint; build
resilience against climate change; and reduce
energy and economic uncertainty. How? With a strong local entrepreneurial
economy and resourceful residents committed
to a community that nurtures the well-being of all.

Intrigued by the idea of transitioning to a sustainable community? We warmly
invite you to attend Transition Towns—the Future is Now!
on Monday, February 24, featuring John Freise co-founder of Corcoran GROWS
(Grass Roots Opens Ways of Sustainability) and a sought
after TT speaker and Michael Russelle, an environmental scientist and key
figure in the emerging St. Anthony Park Transition Town.
7-8:30 pm. Grace Trinity Community Church, 1430 West 28th St. Minneapolis 55408
(next to Isles Bun & Coffee Shop).
Register with Monica Smith by Feb. 19 at nrp [at] eastisles.org. Sponsored by
the East Isles Green Team.

Help us spread the word! Many thanks, Betsy Allis