Minnesota divestment convergence
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 20:01:17 -0800 (PST)
Even though my proposal for CCC to take up divestment at FUS (and connect
with the divestment movement in the UUA) was shut out of the last CCC
meeting, I remain interested in pursuing divestment, especially since I
think it would give CCC folks an independent project to work on beyond
latching onto the work of other climate action groups, valuable as that is.
I believe such an independent project could provide the basis for building
a stronger and more cohesive CCC.

(That's why I also proposed that CCC participate in MN Interfaith Power &
Light's Climate Conversations Pilot Campaign, which was also shut out of
the last CCC meeting. Details can be found at the CCC listserv archive. I
plan to work on that even without a participating congregation.)

I'm interested in attending the MN Divestment Convergence on Sunday if
someone else - anyone else - is willing to join me and to advocate for
divestment at the next CCC/EcoMinds meeting. I can't and won't do it alone.
That's particularly important because I'm currently down with a virus that
prevented me from attending the newcomer orientation last Sunday, and I
won't be able to rejoin FUS until May rather than next Sunday.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com
Come to the Minnesota Divestment Convergence on February 9th, 2014!

*Where*: Mayflower Church, 106 E Diamond Lake Rd, Minneapolis, MN 55419
*When*: Sunday, February 9th, 1pm - 5pm (Free lunch provided at 1pm)

*What*: The movement to divest from fossil fuels is growing in Minnesota!
On Sunday, February 9th we'll be getting everyone in the same room to meet
one another, tell our stories, develop shared strategy and reaffirm that
we're part of something really big. We'll be hearing from investment
professionals, community organizers, and leaders from an array of
campaigns. You'll also get the chance to get into breakout groups to
discuss media strategy and a shared narrative of divestment in Minnesota.

*This event is not only for people currently working on a divestment
campaign*. If you are interested in getting involved this will be a great
opportunity to meet others, learn more about the movement, and jump right
in!

*If you are planning on coming, please register here
<https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/forms/d/1DVThxrCHFZgPj-0ChMpxHFLS55UEwXCiP4EWGRPwjx8/viewform>!*