FW: Tar Sands Resistance Tour Mpls - New Action (MAPM)
From: MADELINE SIMON (madeline-mplsmsn.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 06:36:39 -0700 (PDT)
Peace,
Madeline

To: mapm [at] pjep.org
Subject: Tar Sands Resistance Tour Mpls - New Action (MAPM)
From: mapm [at] pjep.org
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:35:39 -0400

Actions Options Tool Message

                        Greetings:

                        A new action has just been added on MAPM.

                        The details are as follows:

                        Action Name: Tar Sands Resistance Tour Mpls

                        Action URL:
http://mapm.pjep.org/actions/Tar-Sands-Resistance-Tour-Mpls

                        Action Mini URL: http://pjep.org/7d8bf

                                Date:  2015-04-29

                                        Event Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

                                More Info: http://www.facebook.com/MN350

coming to Minneapolis next Wednesday, April 29!  Can you help get the word out?

Enbridge Tar Sands Resistance Tour stop in Minneapolis

U of MN East Bank

120 Molecular and Cellular Biology Building

420 Washington Ave SE

Here's the plan for our event:

During this stop, the tour crew along with members of our local community,
those who are directly affected by tar sands development, and youth from our
campus are putting together a unique and powerful event to talk about how we
can, together, resist tar sands development. Together, we'll strategize and
make action plans for how to stop it and engage thousands of new people on this
critical issue.

Big oil companies like Enbridge are threatening the Midwest and Great Lakes
region with dirty tar sands pipelines and toxic fracking infrastructure. But
communities across the Midwest are coming together to protect our water and
stop this climate catastrophe.

Here in Minnesota, we've seen the impacts of this industry firsthand, with
projects like Enbridge's Alberta Clipper Public Utilities Commission's hearings
here in St Paul and pumping stations being built up north.

Next week, we have the opportunity to be a part of something big. This tour is
connecting the dots between all the Enbridge infrastructure across our region,
and laying the groundwork to build some serious resistance to this exploitative
industry. I hope to see you there!

P.S. Unable to make it to the event? Follow us on social media! Along the way
the team will post on Facebook, Twitter, and will be blogging. Follow the tour
at @MN350, @EnergyAction, & @HonorEarth.

Hashtag #notarsands  #stopenbridge

                        To vote on the action, Please go to
http://mapm.pjep.org/_admin/vote/, which will require clicking LOGIN.

                        Be sure to forward word of this action to your list.

                        Note: Please do not reply to this email as it goes to
an unmonitored account.
                        If you have any questions, please let us know.

                © 2006-2015 MAPM.