conversational salon (Wm Stafford--Poetry)
From: patty (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:06:51 -0800 (PST)
HI, Tuesday , Jan. 18, we will be reading the poetry of William Stafford. He was a CO during WW ll, and throughout his life he remained convinced that war never solved any of our problems. Stafford affirmed that it is possible to think independently when fanatics act, and to speak for reconciliation when nations take sides. He believed it to be a failure of imagination to see only two options, to fight or to run away.

On Jan. 25, we will discuss the book, Washington Rules: America's Path Toward Permanent War by Anthony Bacevich.

Thanks,
patty